Sycamore Advisory Commission
The Sycamore Advisory Commission, a committee established and sponsored by the Sycamore Board of Education, has been in existence for more than 50 years. Known as the Sycamore Planning Commission until 2013, its purpose is to support the BOE, its administrative staff and the school district by:
- conducting research and preparing reports on issues that impact the school district on topics assigned and/or approved by the BOE, and
- serving as a communications link among the BOE, school district administration, member organizations, and residents of the district.
Membership of the Sycamore Advisory Commission consists of representatives of various civic organizations, the district, and up to 15 members-at-large. The role of a member is to:
- support the mission and goals of Sycamore Community Schools;
- be an informed advocate of the district;
- attend SAC meetings
- notify the Chairperson or Secretary in advance if an absence will occur, and may arrange for a non-voting alternate to attend the regularly scheduled meeting
- serve and actively participate on one or more committees annually;
- facilitate general communication among the community and the BOE and administration;
- suggest needs, concerns, or topics for possible study or programs; and
- if representing a PTO or a civic/community organization, provide regular updates on the organization’s goals and activities.
Current members include representatives from Sycamore PTOs, City of Montgomery, Blue Ash Lions, Blue Ash/Montgomery Rotary Club, Sycamore Community Schools administration and staff members, parents of students, Blue Ash City Council, and district residents.
Individual interested in joining the Sycamore Advisory Commision should complete and return a Sycamore Advisory Commission application. New members are appointed and approved by the Board of Education on an annual basis. SAC officers are elected and approved annually each spring.
Chairperson: Marvin Lucas, parent and member of the Blue Ash Elementary PTO
Vice-Chair: Mark Weber, Mayor of City of Blue Ash
Secretary: Jill Branam
Communications Officer: Rob Smith