Cultivating a culture that honors a tradition of excellence where learners are respected, valued, and empowered to reach their full potential in an ever-changing world.
Sycamore Community Schools will provide challenging, inspiring, and engaging educational experiences to equip students with critical skills that promote the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth needed to be highly successful in college and careers.
- Provide rigorous and relevant learning opportunities for students and staff.
- Respect the investment of taxpayers and demonstrate responsible management of resources.
- Sustain a safe and secure learning community for every individual.
- Engage all shareholders in ongoing conversations about our students’ future and the future of the district.
Belief StatementsThe vision, mission, and priorities of Sycamore Community Schools are guided by the following Belief Statements. We believe that…
- students are the focus of all that we do;
- we must address the needs of the total person; teaching the mind and the heart
- we must be proactive in preparing for a changing world;
- there is power in a collaborative relationship with families in our community;
- all persons have an innate desire and the capacity to learn;
- diversity enriches the human experience;
- integrity, respect and open communication promote trusting relationships;
- we must value the citizens of our community and seek collaborative partnerships with all entities to improve our effectiveness;
- it is necessary to support and encourage continuous professional development of our employees;
- a safe and secure learning environment supports success;
- we attract and employ highly talented staff who are held to a high standard of accountability; and
- we are fiscally responsible and good stewards of our resources.
By the numbers
- Students come from more than 40 birth countries
- Students speak a total of 30 languages
- 95.6% graduation rate
- 87.8% of students attend college
- 57 organizational activities are offered to students in grades 7-12
- 46 athletic options are offered to students in grades 7-12
- 86% of teachers have a master's degree or doctorate
- 22 teachers have earned National Board Certification
76 teachers have earned Master Teacher credentials
*information accurate as of March 2014
Sycamore Culture (A video that showcases the tradition of excellence and the celebration of diversity within Sycamore Community Schools.)
Blue Ash Elementary School, 9541 Plainfield Road
Maple Dale Elementary School, 6100 Hagewa Drive
Montgomery Elementary School, 9609 Montgomery Road
Symmes Elementary School, 11820 Enyart Road
Edwin H. Greene Intermediate School, 5200 Aldine Drive
Sycamore Junior High School, 5757 Cooper Road
Sycamore High School, 7400 Cornell Road
2012-13 Quality Profile (The Quality Profile, a robust companion to the state report card, is based on 10 categories: academics, arts, commitment to improvement, digital learning, fiscal stewardship, parent and community involvement, staff leadership, student activities, student leadership and student services.)
2012-13 Sycamore High School Profile
2012-13 Local Report Card (The Local Report Card, issued annually by the Ohio Department of Education, details student performance on standardized statewide tests, rates of improvement on those tests, student attendance and graduation rates.)
2009 Parent and Community Satisfaction Survey
As part of ongoing efforts to increase two-way communication with the district, Sycamore maintains the following social media channels:
Mycommunitree.com (a joint site from Sycamore Community Schools and the cities of Blue Ash and Montgomery)
Sycamore Community Schools serves the communities of Blue Ash, Montgomery, Sycamore Township and Symmes Township.
City of Blue Ash, Ohio
City of Montgomery, Ohio
Sycamore Township, Ohio
Symmes Township, Ohio