The Edwin H. Greene Intermediate School PTO is a vibrant and committed group of parents, staff members, and administrators who volunteer their time and talents for the welfare of all children. Through fundraisers, the PTO helps provide equipment, resource material, entertainment, and learning opportunities.
To join the PTO, obtain a membership form from the school. Members do not have to attend meetings to be involved.
Questions about the PTO can be directed to email@example.com.
E.H. Greene Student Directory Update:
The Greene PTO directory went home last Thursday. If your student didn't give you your copy, please remember to ask them about it. A copy of the Student Directory is provided to all PTO members as part of your membership. If you did not receive a directory, please contact Carrie Gause or Jill Pyles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Can You Hack-ett Challenge:
The PTO's fun physical activity challenge begins Thursday, October 9th! The challenge was so successful last spring that Mr. Hackett is raising the challenge! We're striving for 60 minutes of physical activity every day for 4 weeks...just like Mr. Hackett. The wing (students & teachers!!) with the most physical activity minutes at the end of the challenge will win an extra 30-minute recess! Forms are in today's Thursday envelope, or you can print a copy here. If you would rather track your activity online, create a free profile and use the Physical Activity Tracker at www.supertracker.usda.gov.
To encourage a wide variety of physical activity, we're also holding another Action Photo contest. Submit a 1MB digital photo, (.jpg) of yourself engaged in a physical activity. Whatever you do to get your heart rate up works...swimming, raking leaves, playing soccer, riding your bike, walking the dog...you name it! Winners will have their photo enlarged to banner size and hung in the hallway. Be a " Greene Superstar"! For questions, or to submit a photo, contact email@example.com.
Important Dates to remember:
- October 22nd - Early Release Day. School dismissal is at 1:20 p.m.
- October 23rd - End of 1st Quarter. Report cards will be sent home with students on 10/31.
- October 20th to October 23rd - Vision and Hearing Screening between 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Volunteers needed. Please contact Cathy Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available.
- October 23rd - Fall party day for all students of grades five and six.
- October 24th - Sycamore Schools closed for teacher records day.
- October 29th - Picture Retake Day.
- November 2nd - Daylight Savings Time ends.
- Nov. 6th to Nov. 14th - The Edwin H. Greene School Fall Book Fair will be held in the Media Center between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Becky Sloan at email@example.com.
We have always received an overwhelming support from parents every year and greatly appreciate their help. Every little contribution means a lot to us! Parents get a chance to interact with other parents and teachers. It is a whole lot of fun too! Please check out this link to volunteer and thanks for your help in advance! We need you!
- We are still in the need of volunteers for the Media Centre. Please contact Mary Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please respond if you are available for any one of these time slots:
- First Tuesday of the month - morning.
- First Friday of the month - morning.
- Fourth Friday of the month - morning.
- Volunteers are also needed for Vision and Hearing Screening between 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. from Oct. 20th to Oct. 23rd. No nursing experience is needed and any time commitment will be extremely helpful. We need about 5 to 6 volunteers each day. Please contact Cathy Wood at email@example.com if you are available.