The Edwin H. Greene Intermediate School PTO is a vibrant and committed group of parents, staff members, and administrators who volunteer their time and talents for the welfare of all children. Through fundraisers, the PTO helps provide equipment, resource material, entertainment, and learning opportunities.
To join the PTO, obtain a membership form from the school. Members do not have to attend meetings to be involved.
Questions about the PTO can be directed to email@example.com.
Calendar Alert about April PTO meeting:
Please mark your calendars to attend a very important PTO meeting, April 8th at 10:30 in the Media Center. Our guest speaker, presented by Cincinnati Bell, will be discussing 24 X 7 Technology and the steps parents can take to educate their kids about social media and the effects of cyber-bullying, sexting etc. Please join us for this very important presentation. Click here for more details.
Important Dates to remember:
- March 30th - Important: Deadline for Yearbook Photo submissions. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Renee at 513-484-7804 for any questions. Yearbooks can still be purchased until April 13th at ybpay.lifetouch.com for $17.00 using school code 1592715.They will be delivered the week of May 22nd.
- March 30th to April 5th - Spring Break. Schools will reopen on Monday, April 6th.
- April 6th to 10th - Promise to care week. To find out about donations and a chance to earn a gift card, click here for details.
- April 8th - Important PTO meeting at 10:30 a.m. in the Media Center.
- April 10th - Report cards will be sent home with students.
- April 12th through May 9th - The Greene and Gold StePalooza. Please click events tab for more details.
- April 13th to 17th - Arts Alive 2015.
- April 17th,18th, 23rd, 24th and 25th - Shrek, The Musical. Please scroll down for more details.
Arts Alive 2015!
We are pleased to announce a weeklong celebration of arts by some amazing and wonderful artists and performers at the Edwin H. Greene School from April 13th to 17th. Please click the events tab for details.
Everyone is invited to stop by between 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (lunch bells) to enjoy these amazing artists and performers!
Please contact Bari Lansberg at email@example.com or Eileen Wilson at Eileenpw97@gmail.com for more information.
Shrek, The Musical:
Beginning April 17, everyone's favorite ogre hits Sycamore High School's main stage when Aves Theatre presents " Shrek, The Musical", the hilarious stage spectacle based on the Oscar-winning smash hit film. This TONY Award-winning fairy tale adventure is sure to delight audiences of all ages, with a wisecracking Donkey, a feisty princess, a short tempered bad guy, and over a dozen other fairy tale misfits. Aves Theatre has even planned a special earlier time for its Saturday productions - just for families!
- April 17th, Friday at 7:30 p.m., and April 18th, Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
- April 23rd and 24th, Thursday & Friday at 7:30 p.m.
- April 25th, Saturday at 5.30 p.m.
All seats are assigned, so purchase early for best seating. Tickets for $10 will be available at www.avestheatre.org. Tickets may be purchased the weeks of the show in the Sycamore High School Commons during lunch, Wednesday - Friday, April 15th-17th and April 22nd-24th, between 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., or may be purchased at the door, if available, on show nights; box office opens one hour before the show time. Gold Cards will be accepted for all performances. Find us on Facebook: Aves Theatre-Boosters.
Action Required:Sycamore Parent Survey
Dear Sycamore Parents, we need your help on an important research survey for Sycamore Community Schools. The survey link below takes you to a survey with 10 quick questions. All answers are anonymous.
Click here to take survey.
This research study is being conducted by the Sycamore Advisory Commission, which reports its' findings directly to the Sycamore Community Schools Board of Education. If you should have any questions, please visit http://www.sycamoreschools.org/advisory-commission.html or contact the Sycamore Community Schools Administrative office at (513) 686-1700.
join our group on Facebook!
We are glad to announce that we have our very own "E.H. Greene Parents" group on Facebook. All the members in the group can now be updated through Facebook about current events, fund-raising, school pictures and other school information.
As it is a closed group, only members can access the information in the group. Please click here for the link. Looking forward to your participation in the group!
For parents who are new to Facebook groups, more information about Facebook groups and how to join group is available here.
We also suggest you join our Facebook Page, Edwin H. Greene PTO by clicking the " Like" button on the page and recommend the page to others interested in joining Edwin H. Greene School.
We have always received an overwhelming support from parents every year and greatly appreciate their help. Every little contribution means a lot to us! Parents get a chance to interact with other parents and teachers. It is a whole lot of fun too! Please check out this link to volunteer and thanks for your help in advance! We need you!
- We are still in the need of volunteers for the Media Centre. Please contact Mary Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please respond if you are available for any one of these time slots:
- First Tuesday of the month - morning.
- First Friday of the month - morning.
- Fourth Friday of the month - morning.
Cafeteria Volunteers Needed
Want to spend some time at lunch with your child and their friends? We are looking for cafeteria volunteers to help in the lunch room. It's easy to volunteer... simply sign up using VolunteerSpot. You can sign up once in a while or regularly like once a week or twice a month.... whatever works best for your schedule.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot.
2. Enter your email address: (You will not need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact the Cafeteria Chair Melissa Masten and she can sign you up manually.