The Edwin H. Greene Intermediate School PTO is a vibrant and committed group of parents, staff members, and administrators who volunteer their time and talents for the welfare of all children. Through fundraisers, the PTO helps provide equipment, resource material, entertainment, and learning opportunities.
To join the PTO, obtain a membership form from the school. Members do not have to attend meetings to be involved.
Questions about the PTO can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check our blog at http://greeneschoolnews.blogspot.com/
Join our Facebook group for parents viz. " E.H. Greene Parents". Click here for the link.
Please like our Facebook PTO Page viz. " Edwin H. Greene PTO" by clicking here.
To enroll/re-enroll go to www.Kroger.com/communityrewards,
Important Dates to remember:
- May 19th - Parent Orientation for the current 4th Grade parents at 6 p.m. in the Edwin H. Greene School Cafeteria.
- May 20th - Early Release Day. School students will dismiss at 1:20 p.m.
- May 20th - Sycamore Board of Education meeting at 7:00 p.m. in the Edwin H. Greene School Cafeteria.
- May 20th - "Move Up Day" at the Edwin H. Greene School for current 4th and 5th Graders. They will meet their team of teachers for the next year.
- May 21st - 6th Grade Picnics at the Swaim Park for Purple and Blue Teams.
- May 22nd - 6th Grade Picnics at the Swaim Park for Gray and White Teams.
- May 25th - School closed on account of Memorial Day.
- June 2nd - Field Day! Grade 5 from 8:50 a.m. to 10:50 a.m. and Grade 6 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- June 3rd - 6th Grade Celebration Ceremony. Please refer to newsletter for schedule.
- June 4th - Last day of School. Report cards will be mailed home on June 12th.
- Please Scroll down for important information regarding summer assignment for current 6th Graders.
- For Open Chair Positions at the Edwin H. Greene School next year, click here.
- Spring Help Wanted - Edwin H. Greene school parents, we need your help as Committee volunteers for the next academic year. Please click here for details.
Note: Library Books due by Wednesday, May 20th.
If your child has medication in the School Health Room, please stop by to pick it up.
Sycamore Junior High Summer Reading for Current 6th Grade students:
All rising 7th grade students are required to complete a summer reading assignment. Parents have an opportunity to order their student's book by May 1 and have it delivered to them at the Edwin H. Greene school before the end of this school year. The completed assignment and a copy of the book (or e-book) are due the first day of school for 7th graders.
Junior High PTO Looking to Fill Open Positions:
The Junior High PTO is looking to fill many remaining open positions. This would be an excellent opportunity to get involved at the school and get to know the new administration (next year there will be a new Principal and Asst. Principal). If you are interested and would like to find out which positions are still available or if you have any questions about what is involved please contact Suzanne Van Den Brink at email@example.com or Eileen Wilson at Eileenpw97@gmail.com or Suzanne Breckenridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
join our group on Facebook!
We are glad to announce that we have our very own "E.H. Greene Parents" group on Facebook. All the members in the group can now be updated through Facebook about current events, fund-raising, school pictures and other school information.
As it is a closed group, only members can access the information in the group. Please click here for the link. Looking forward to your participation in the group!
For parents who are new to Facebook groups, more information about Facebook groups and how to join group is available here.
We also suggest you join our Facebook Page, Edwin H. Greene PTO by clicking the " Like" button on the page and recommend the page to others interested in joining Edwin H. Greene School.
We have always received an overwhelming support from parents every year and greatly appreciate their help. Every little contribution means a lot to us! Parents get a chance to interact with other parents and teachers. It is a whole lot of fun too! Please check out this link to volunteer and thanks for your help in advance! We need you!
We are still in the need of volunteers for the Media Centre. Please contact Mary Tyler at email@example.com. Please respond if you are available for any one of these time slots:
- First Tuesday of the month - morning.
- First Friday of the month - morning.
- Fourth Friday of the month - morning.
Cafeteria Volunteers Needed
Want to spend some time at lunch with your child and their friends? We are looking for cafeteria volunteers to help in the lunch room. It's easy to volunteer... simply sign up using VolunteerSpot. You can sign up once in a while or regularly like once a week or twice a month.... whatever works best for your schedule.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot.
2. Enter your email address: (You will not need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact the Cafeteria Chair Melissa Masten and she can sign you up manually.