The Edwin H. Greene Intermediate School PTO is a vibrant and committed group of parents, staff members, and administrators who volunteer their time and talents for the welfare of all children. Through fundraisers, the PTO helps provide equipment, resource material, entertainment, and learning opportunities.
To join the PTO, obtain a membership form from the school. Members do not have to attend meetings to be involved.
Questions about the PTO can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enroll/re-enroll go to www.Kroger.com/communityrewards,
Important Dates to remember:
- April 12th through May 9th - The Greene and Gold StePalooza. Please click events tab for more details. Click here for the log sheet week 1 and log sheet week 2. The log sheets will also be sent through our weekly green folder. Don’t forget to begin recording Week 2’s steps on Sunday and turn in your week 1 log sheets on Monday if you want to be considered for our first prize drawing of three Target gift cards.
- April 13th to 17th - Arts Alive 2015.
- April 17th, 18th, 23rd, 24th and 25th - Shrek, The Musical. Click here for the invite and scroll down for more details.
- April 22nd - Help us Celebrate Earth Day by packing a waste-less lunch. Click here for details.
- April 23rd - Media Center Appreciation Lunch. All media center volunteers, book fair volunteers, and author visit volunteers, please join us in the media center on April 23 between 11:45 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. for lunch which will be from Chipotle. The media center and related events would not be successful without the efforts of our Greene parents, and Becky Sloan would like to take this time to recognize your efforts this year. RSVP to Mary Tyler at email@example.com.
- May 1st to May 7th - Volunteers needed for Rothenberg Preparatory Academy Garage Sale. Please scroll down to Volunteers section for more information.
- Please Scroll down for important information regarding Summer assignment for current 6th Graders.
- For Open Chair Positions at the Edwin H. Greene School next year, click here.
Arts Alive 2015!
We are pleased to announce a weeklong celebration of arts by some amazing and wonderful artists and performers at the Edwin H. Greene School from April 13th to 17th. Please click the events tab for details.
Everyone is invited to stop by between 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (lunch bells) to enjoy these amazing artists and performers!
Please contact Bari Lansberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or Eileen Wilson at Eileenpw97@gmail.com for more information.
Shrek, The Musical:
Beginning April 17, everyone's favorite ogre hits Sycamore High School's main stage when Aves Theatre presents " Shrek, The Musical", the hilarious stage spectacle based on the Oscar-winning smash hit film. This TONY Award-winning fairy tale adventure is sure to delight audiences of all ages, with a wisecracking Donkey, a feisty princess, a short tempered bad guy, and over a dozen other fairy tale misfits. Aves Theatre has even planned a special earlier time for its Saturday productions - just for families!
- April 17th, Friday at 7:30 p.m., and April 18th, Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
- April 23rd and 24th, Thursday & Friday at 7:30 p.m.
- April 25th, Saturday at 5.30 p.m.
All seats are assigned, so purchase early for best seating. Tickets for $10 will be available at www.avestheatre.org. Tickets may be purchased the weeks of the show in the Sycamore High School Commons during lunch, Wednesday - Friday, April 15th-17th and April 22nd-24th, between 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., or may be purchased at the door, if available, on show nights; box office opens one hour before the show time. Gold Cards will be accepted for all performances. Find us on Facebook: Aves Theatre-Boosters.
Sycamore Junior High Summer Reading for Current 6th Grade students:
All rising 7th grade students are required to complete a summer reading assignment. Parents have an opportunity to order their student's book by May 1 and have it delivered to them at the Edwin H. Greene school before the end of this school year. The completed assignment and a copy of the book (or e-book) are due the first day of school for 7th graders.
Junior High PTO Looking to Fill Open Positions:
The Junior High PTO is looking to fill many remaining open positions. This would be an excellent opportunity to get involved at the school and get to know the new administration (next year there will be a new Principal and Asst. Principal). If you are interested and would like to find out which positions are still available or if you have any questions about what is involved please contact Suzanne Van Den Brink at email@example.com or Eileen Wilson at Eileenpw97@gmail.com or Suzanne Breckenridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
join our group on Facebook!
We are glad to announce that we have our very own "E.H. Greene Parents" group on Facebook. All the members in the group can now be updated through Facebook about current events, fund-raising, school pictures and other school information.
As it is a closed group, only members can access the information in the group. Please click here for the link. Looking forward to your participation in the group!
For parents who are new to Facebook groups, more information about Facebook groups and how to join group is available here.
We also suggest you join our Facebook Page, Edwin H. Greene PTO by clicking the " Like" button on the page and recommend the page to others interested in joining Edwin H. Greene School.
We have always received an overwhelming support from parents every year and greatly appreciate their help. Every little contribution means a lot to us! Parents get a chance to interact with other parents and teachers. It is a whole lot of fun too! Please check out this link to volunteer and thanks for your help in advance! We need you!
Volunteers needed for Rothenberg Preparatory Academy Garage Sale: The Community Outreach committee is looking for volunteers to help with this sale. Please contact Linda Young at 636-212-0161/ email@example.com or Amy Mather at 513-3708-0005/ firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help at any of the following times:
Garage Sale Donation Drop-off at Twin Lakes Parking Lot: 9840 Montgomery Road, Montgomery, OH 45242.
- Friday, May 1st: 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 2nd: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (maybe more if we have the people to staff it).
- Sunday, May 3rd: 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 4th: 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m.
Loading/Delivery/Set-up at Twin Lakes Parking Lot:
- Wednesday, May 6th: 10:00 a.m. onwards. Load truck, park at Twin Lakes.
Garage Sale Set-up at Rothenberg: 241 E Clifton Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
We are still in the need of volunteers for the Media Centre. Please contact Mary Tyler at email@example.com. Please respond if you are available for any one of these time slots:
- First Tuesday of the month - morning.
- First Friday of the month - morning.
- Fourth Friday of the month - morning.
Cafeteria Volunteers Needed
Want to spend some time at lunch with your child and their friends? We are looking for cafeteria volunteers to help in the lunch room. It's easy to volunteer... simply sign up using VolunteerSpot. You can sign up once in a while or regularly like once a week or twice a month.... whatever works best for your schedule.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot.
2. Enter your email address: (You will not need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact the Cafeteria Chair Melissa Masten and she can sign you up manually.