Mobile CalendarsTo download and save a CSV file for use in a mobile calendar, right click on the link and choose “save target as.”
Click here for the Blue Ash Elementary calendar.
Click here for the Districtwide Events calendar.
Click here for the Edwin H. Greene Intermediate calendar.
Click here for the Maple Dale Elementary calendar.
Click here for the Montgomery Elementary calendar.
Click here for the Sycamore Junior High School calendar.
Click here for the Sycamore High School calendar.
Click here for the Symmes Elementary calendar.
Print Calendars2012-13 district calendar.
2012-13 district calendar. (rev. 6-6-12)
2013-14 district calendar. (rev. 6-20-12)
Calendar DevelopmentWhen developing a district calendar, many factors are considered, such as:
· Minimum number of days of student attendance as mandated by the State of Ohio
· The beginning and ending date for students and staff
· Placement of winter and spring breaks
· Professional development/inservice days for staff
· Number of days included within each semester and quarter
· Regularly scheduled holidays
· Placement of Parent - Teacher Conferences
· Scheduling of statewide testing, such as the Ohio Graduation Test and Ohio Achievement Test
In 1998, a district committee made the following recommendations for developing a district calendar:
· School year will start the preceding Labor Day or earlier if necessary
· School will end no later than the first full week of June
· Shortened weeks will contain at least three days of instruction
· Spring Break will immediately follow the end of the third quarter
· Each semester will have a somewhat balanced number of days, not necessarily the equivalent number of days per quarter
· School should not be scheduled on days when high absenteeism is expected
· Good Friday is incorporated into spring vacation (versus standing alone) when possible
· Spring Break should not interfere with spring testing. Ohio Revised Code mandates that the Ohio Graduation Test be administered beginning the Monday of the week of March 15, and two weeks should be allotted for regular and make up testing
NOTE: Each year, the district tries to meet the recommendations above. However, due to many unique factors, not every recommendation can be met every year.