Watch: Board of Education Meetings
Upcoming Board of Education Meeting
NOTICE OF CHANGE OF TIME
SYCAMORE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
REGULAR BOARD MEETING OF MARCH 6, 2024
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Education of the Sycamore Community Schools is changing the time of its March 6, 2024, regular Board meeting to 8:00 a.m. The location remains the District Office, 5959 Hagewa Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio 45242. The Board will enter executive session following roll call at 8:00 a.m. The Board intends to enter open session for a financial retreat work session and action items at approximately 12:30 p.m.
This meeting will not be livestreamed.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 937 6301 0127 Passcode: 654692
Please view our meeting schedule as well as meeting notices, agendas and minutes from past meetings at the following link https://go.boarddocs.com/oh/sycamore/Board.nsf/Public
Board of Education
Sycamore Community Schools is governed by a five-member Board of Education that provides governance to the district on policy and financial matters.
The Board’s duties include the following:
- Hiring and evaluating the district Superintendent and Treasurer
- Recommending financing/funding options (levies) to the community to provide for district needs outlined in a long-range plan
- Adopting an annual budget and appropriation measures
- Adopting policies for the governance of the district and its schools
- Considering and voting upon the recommendations of the Superintendent in all matters of policy, appointment or dismissal of employees, salary schedules or other personnel regulations, courses of study, selection of textbooks, or other issues pertaining to the operation of schools
- Informing the public concerning the progress and needs of the schools, and to solicit and weigh public opinion as it affects the schools.
The Board may only exercise its governing authority when convened together in a public meeting. Individual Board members have no authority to act alone. The President has been appointed by the Board as its official spokesperson. Board members may serve unlimited consecutive terms and are elected by the residents for four-year terms during years ending with odd numbers. Two Board members are elected in one election and three are elected in the next, creating staggered terms.
In January, the Board elects officers and sets meeting dates in January. Board officers serve a one year term and may be re-elected.
To contact the Board of Education, email email@example.com or call (513) 686-1700. For general information regarding the district, please call (513) 686-1700.