The mission of the Sycamore Community School, a nationally recognized District offering unlimited opportunities for personal development and academic excellence, is to prepare each student for success in a global society, through a rigorous curriculum based on the highest standards, a caring and dedicated staff, and collaboration with and accountability to home and community.
We believe that education is a lifelong process of learning which enables individuals to adapt to and improve a changing environment. Public education in the United States exists for the purpose of preparing individuals to be contributing members of the society. The American democratic way of life is dependent upon an enlightened, involved and concerned citizenry. Basic to the democratic way of life is the acknowledgment of the worth and dignity of each individual.
Our Guiding Principles
- EMPOWERING: Provide rigorous and relevant learning and growth opportunities for students and staff.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Respect the investment of taxpayers and demonstrate responsible management of resources.
- INNOVATIVE: Sustain a safe and supportive learning environment for every individual.
- INCLUSIVE: Respect the diversity of our community through culturally responsive practices.
- RELATIONSHIP-DRIVEN: Engage all shareholders in ongoing conversations about our students’ future and the future of the district.
This Is Aviator Country
Total Enrollment: 5,673
Minority Enrollment 36%
Students from 40 countries, 40 languages
#10 Best School Districts in Ohio 2020 Niche.com
#122 Best School Districts in America 2020 Niche.com
#7 Best Schools 2018 Cincy Magazine
5-Star Step Up for Quality Preschool
All four Sycamore elementary schools voted Top 25 Public Elementary Schools Greater Cincinnati Cincinnati Business Courier
Class of 2019:
99% graduation rate
19 National Merit Scholars