There are several community agencies here to support grieving individuals and families.
COJ services are offered to the bereaved at no cost. Ongoing support and life balance are provided for the bereaved in families, schools, businesses and organizations, with faith, hope and love; one child, one teen, one adult, one family at a time.
Fernside, established in 1986, as the nation's second oldest children's grief center, remains today a national leader in providing grief support services and outreach and education to the community and families. An affiliate of Hospice of Cincinnati, Fernside services compliment Hospice of Cincinnati's comprehensive bereavement program by addressing the unique needs of children.
Fernside provides all services free of charge with the help of generous donors who support our mission.
Cancer Family Care is a nonprofit organization that helps children and adults cope with the effects of a cancer diagnosis in the family. We are known throughout the Greater Cincinnati region as a force of compassion and strength in the face of cancer-related illness and loss.
Hospice is for patients who have decided to no longer pursue a cure for their illness, and instead seek comfort, symptom management and quality of life.
Hospice care includes:
- A care team designed to give you the help you need in the home or the place you live
- Nursing visits to assess, monitor and treat symptoms
- Education to teach family and caregivers the skills they need to care for you
- 24/7 on-call Registered Nurses to assist you by phone or in person for questions, concerns, and emergencies
- Medication needed to treat your symptoms and medical equipment to keep you active and safe
- Social Work and Chaplain support to help you understand what lies ahead
- A wide range of grief services for children, adults and families now and in the future