All spots have been filled for the 2020-2021 school year.
Applications for the 2021-22 school year will be taken from February 16th - March 12th.
Preschool Location: Maple Dale Elementary, 6100 Hagewa Drive, Cincinnati OH 45242 513.686.1720
Blue Ash Elementary, 9541 Plainfield Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45236 513.686.1710
Program Information: Sycamore Community Schools’ Preschool Program serves children 3-5 years old who have a wide range of abilities. The program was developed to serve children with a wide variety of special needs in response to a federal mandate that requires the provision of special education services to children ages 3-5 by public school districts. The current program model was adopted to include children with typical development in order to create one community of learners with an appropriate and enriching learning environment and experience for all. Classes will be composed of children with identified special needs and children who are developing typically.
Additional program details:
- Curriculum is guided by the Ohio Early Learning and Development Standards provided by the ODE.
- Daily schedule provides for a combination of whole group, small group and individual instruction. Children will interact with peers and adults in the classroom and during outside play. Program facilitates growth in pre-academics, literacy, pre-writing, and social skills.
- The social curriculum is supported through the Responsive Classroom philosophy which fosters safe, challenging and joyful classrooms.
- Consultations with speech, physical and occupational therapists to plan activities that ensure the success of all children.
- Each classroom is a multi-age grouping of 3-5 year-olds. Classes will be composed of children with identified special needs and children who are developing typically.
- Application acceptance is determined by lottery drawing. Those not selected will be placed in a Waiting Pool.
- Morning or afternoon classes (Morning classes are from 9:15-11:45 a.m. and afternoon classes are from 1:15-3:45 p.m. There are no full day classes.)
- Monday-Thursday classes (4-day program only).
- Typically developing children will be attending according to home elementary school and afforded school bus transportation on established bus routes.
- One Early Childhood certified teacher and at least one assistant in each class. Preschool teachers have a four year and/or master’s degree and are highly qualified in early childhood education.
Student Requirements: Typically developing students must be toilet trained, a resident of Sycamore Community Schools, and 3 years old on or before September 30th of the given year.
Program Fee: Tuition is $3,100.00 for the 2021-2022 school year.
Registration: By filling out this form, parents are only applying for the opportunity to participate in the lottery drawing. Once a Preschool Application is accepted and your child is chosen (a letter will be emailed to you), then registration procedures can begin. Registration will be April 2021. You will be notified of specifics of the registration process once you have been offered and accept an opening. PLEASE DO NOT register your child until you have received notification that you have been selected for a spot.