The lottery has ended for 2023-24 for Sycamore Schools Preschool. Tuition for the 2023-24 school year is $3,250. Students must be fully potty trained (at home and in public) and 3 years old by September 30th, 2023. Families will be notified beginning March 1st regarding their status in the lottery.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Misty Belfrom, Coordinator of Special Education, email@example.com, or Amber Baer, Preschool Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blue Ash Elementary, 9541 Plainfield Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45236 513.686.1710
- Symmes Elementary, 11820 Enyart Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45150 513.686.1740
Program Information: Sycamore Community Schools’ Preschool Program serves children 3-5 years old who have a wide range of abilities. The program was developed to serve children with a wide variety of special needs in response to a federal mandate that requires the provision of special education services to children ages 3-5 by public school districts. The current program model was adopted to include children with typical development in order to create one community of learners with an appropriate and enriching learning environment and experience for all. Classes will be composed of children with identified special needs and children who are developing typically.
Additional program details:
- Curriculum is guided by the Ohio Early Learning and Development Standards provided by the ODE.
- Daily schedule provides for a combination of whole group, small group and individual instruction. Children will interact with peers and adults in the classroom and during outside play. Program facilitates growth in pre-academics, literacy, pre-writing, and social skills.
- The social curriculum is supported through the Responsive Classroom philosophy which fosters safe, challenging and joyful classrooms.
- Consultations with speech, physical and occupational therapists to plan activities that ensure the success of all children.
- Each classroom is a multi-age grouping of 3-5 year-olds. Classes will be composed of children with identified special needs and children who are developing typically.
- Application acceptance is determined by lottery drawing. Those not selected will be placed in a Waiting Pool.
- Morning or afternoon classes (Morning classes are from 9:15-11:45 a.m. and afternoon classes are from 1:15-3:45 p.m. There are no full day classes.)
- Monday-Thursday classes (4-day program only).
- Typically developing children will be attending according to home elementary school and afforded school bus transportation on established bus routes.
- One Early Childhood certified teacher and at least one assistant in each class. Preschool teachers have a four year and/or master’s degree and are highly qualified in early childhood education.
Student Requirements: Typically, developing students must be toilet trained, a resident of Sycamore Community Schools, and 3 years old on or before September 30th of the given year.
Program Fee: Tuition is $3250 for the 2023-2024 school year.