ESOL Parent Information
New Student Registration
- Registration information can be found here.
- If you require an interpreter for clearer communication, we will provide one free of charge. When you schedule your appointment, please request an interpreter at this time.
- At the time of registration, students will be placed into the appropriate grade level as designated by birthdate.
- Click a language to view the School Records Request Form: English, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Uzbek
- Click a language to view the Emergency Medical Form: English, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Uzbek
Interpreter services related to communication between parents/guardians and staff of Sycamore Community Schools are provided free of charge. For phone calls and short communications, please request an interpreter. For in-person meetings, please contact your building to schedule the meeting and request that an interpreter be present.
English Language Screening
Federal and State laws require that if a parent or guardian has indicated that a language other than English is spoken in the home by a parent/guardian, student or caregiver; a standardized English Language Proficiency Test must be given.
Sycamore Community Schools uses the Ohio English Language Proficiency Screener (OELPS) to determine if the student qualifies for English to Speakers of Other Languages services. The OELPS screens the student’s English proficiency in the following domains: speaking, listening, reading, and/or writing. If the OELPS results show the student has limited English proficiency (LEP) ESOL teachers will determine the appropriate support for the student and make helpful instructional decisions for the student via their English Learner Plan.