Parent Resource Coordinator
Sycamore’s Parent Resource Coordinator provides Sycamore families with information on special education processes, laws, support groups, and resources to help families understand the special education process and become effective partners in their child’s education and development.
Services the Parent Resource Coordinator provides include:
- Helps to educate families to become effective partners in the special education process
- Information on special education services including assessment, evaluation, the IEP process, transition planning, future planning, parent rights, and special education laws and policies
- Confidential support for family concerns and questions
- Attendance at IEP meetings when requested by a parent or team
- Collaboration with families to understand community and agency programs, services, and supports
- Assists in connecting parents to resources available including agencies, programs, services, articles, videos, books, etc.
- Provides an event calendar to inform parents and families of helpful events and workshops in the Cincinnati area via Special Education Connection Blog
- List of online and web-based resources for families and students with disabilities.
Degrees and Certifications:
Sycamore Community Schools Office of Student Services is happy to engage with our families! You can find resources, articles, events, and more by following us on Facebook and Twitter. Click here to view our public Facebook page (no log-in is required) or scroll down to view our @SHS_Transition and @AVESAbilities Twitter accounts.
Families can also view social and educational opportunities happening in Greater Cincinnati on the calendar below. Click on the event name to see more information. Sycamore Community Schools does not endorse, recommend or support any particular regime, therapy, activity, camp or treatment.