Calendar of Events
UPDATES for Fall 2020:
See our calendar below for upcoming events through the SHS Counseling Office as well as Virtual College Visits, Virtual College Fairs, and Webinars on College & Career-related topics.
Higher Ed institutions have taken their usual in-person College Rep Visits and turned them into Virtual Visits. They have also created Webinar opportunities for students and parents to learn about all aspects of College. Attending a college presentation is a great way to not only get to know the college, university, or career field but in many instances, also a tremendous opportunity to get to know the admission representative who will be the first admissions member to review your application. For this reason, students planning to attend a college presentation should prepare for the meeting by doing basic research on the college before the presentation and bringing a couple of thoughtful questions to the presentation. Making a positive impression during the presentation can go a long way.
On this calendar, you will find:
- Events organized and hosted by the counseling office, including:
- Evening parent/guardian meetings for each grade level
- Paying for College evening presentation
- College representative visits - these are scheduled throughout the year and will be continued to be added as they are scheduled.
- Virtual College Fairs
- Virtual College Visits
- Webinars on College & Career related topics
- ACT/SAT test dates and registration deadlines