2018-2019 Information For New Students
Welcome to the E.H. Greene Intermediate School! We are excited that you are joining our school community. We have a lot of information to share as you prepare to make this transition.
Below is a list of important dates to add to your calendar:
- July 26th ~ Greene School office re-opens
- August 2nd ~ Counselors return
- August 6th ~ “Get Connected @EHGreeneSchool” (open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- August 10th ~ Orientation for “New to the District” Greene Students and their parents - 11:30 a.m.
- August 15th ~ First day of school 8:05 a.m. - 2:55 p.m.
- August 22nd ~ “Get Acquainted Coffee” and PTO Meeting, 9:30 a.m. Media Center
- August 23rd ~ Curriculum Preview for 5th grade parents, 7:00 p.m. Cafeteria
- August 30th ~ Curriculum Preview for 6th grade parents, 7:00 p.m. Cafeteria
On Monday, August 6th, we will hold a “Get Connected @EHGreeneSchool” day in our cafeteria. While you are welcome to stop by anytime between 8:00 a.m.and 4:00 p.m. that day, please know that we have designed a specific orientation for our new students later that week on August 10th. Things that may be available to your child on “Get Connected” day include:
- Locate his/her homeroom (if registration paperwork is received and processed)
- Drop off supplies
- Pay student fees and put money in your child’s lunch account
- Have your child’s school picture taken
- Complete your child’s Final Forms, if not already completed online
New Student Orientation is specifically designed for Greene students and parents who are new to Sycamore. The orientation will begin at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, August 10th. The orientation will be presented by our counselors, Mrs. Asher (last names A-K) and Mrs. Bachmann (last names L-Z). A flier with additional information was distributed at registration. In addition, there is an “E.H. Greene New Student Information Form” posted. Please complete this form and mail it to your child’s counselor at Greene as soon as possible.
Sycamore requires all students to fill out their annual forms through Final Forms. Click here to create an account to get started. To access information about your child’s grades you will also need to create an account through Parent Portal. You will also find this link at the top of our district homepage. You will need your student’s ID number in order to set this up.
Enjoy your summer! We look forward to meeting you in August!
New to the District Orientation
Join us for the New to the District Orientation for 5th and 6th graders!
Friday, August 10th
- Counselor Orientation for parents & students: 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Computer Check-out/Lunch Break (on your own): 12:15 - 1:00 p.m.
- “Mini Greene 101” for students only 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Who: Parents and Students New to Sycamore Community Schools
Where: Edwin H. Greene Media Center, 5200 Aldine Dr.
Learn more about:
- Teams & Academics
- School Communication
- Arrival, Dismissal & Bus Schedules
- Choosing a Music Class
- After School Activities
- ESOL & Gifted
Questions? Contact your child’s counselor: Jennifer Asher, last names A-K firstname.lastname@example.org or Tracey Bachmann, last names L-Z email@example.com