The vision, mission, and priorities of Sycamore Community Schools are guided by the following:
We Believe That...
We believe that…
- our students are the focus of all that we do;
- we must address the needs of the total person; teaching the mind and the heart
- we must be proactive in preparing for a changing world;
- there is power in a collaborative relationship with families in our community;
- all persons have an innate desire and the capacity to learn;
- diversity enriches the human experience;
- integrity, respect, and open communication promote trusting relationships;
- we must value the citizens of our community and seek collaborative partnerships with all civic, governmental and educational entities to improve our effectiveness;
- it is necessary to support and encourage the continuous professional development of our employees;
- a safe, secure and welcoming learning environment supports success;
- we attract and employ highly talented staff who are held to a high standard of performance and professionalism;
- we are fiscally responsible and good stewards of our resources.
Cultivating a culture that honors a tradition of excellence and diversity where learners are respected, valued, inspired, and empowered to reach their full potential in an ever-changing world.
Sycamore Community Schools will provide challenging, inspiring, and engaging educational experiences to equip students with critical skills that promote the intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth needed to be highly successful in college and careers and to be productive citizens.
- Provide rigorous and relevant learning and growth opportunities for students and staff.
- Respect the diversity of our community through culturally responsive practices.
- Respect the investment of taxpayers and demonstrate responsible management of resources.
- Sustain a safe, secure and welcoming learning environment for every individual.
- Engage all shareholders in ongoing conversations about our students’ future and the future of the district.