Summer School Information
An overview of the various summer school options can be found below.
Online registration begins after Spring Break and is done through Parent Portal. Online registration (and payment) is required. Students who are not Sycamore HS students (but live in the district) may register. This must be done through the Summer School Director.
TYPE OF COURSE OFFERINGS
- Traditional- Honors Geometry (Mastery-Based, Self Paced), Life and Team Sports, and Foundations of Fitness
- Blended Credit Recovery- Courses are offered through APEX in the Core Subject areas. Students may enroll in more than one course, as some take longer to finish than others. Attendance is required each day.
- Blended Health- Course meets in a traditional classroom 2 days a week, and the remaining coursework is online. Attendance is required for the final exam. SPACE IS LIMITED
- Online- Health- SPACE IS LIMITED, two days of attendance are required.
DATES AND TIMES
- Traditional - PE: June 1 - June 23 8:00-12:00
- Blended Health: June 10 - June 30 (Mon and Wed) 8:00-12:00
- Traditional - Geometry: June 1 - July 17 8:00-12:00
- Blended Credit Recovery: June 1 - completion (deadline of July 10) 8:00-12:00
- Online - Health: June 1 and June 2 (required attendance) 8:00-11:00
- Deadline for course completion is July 8.
All courses will take place at the Junior High School. Online Health will meet in the cafeteria on 6/1 and 6/2.
Attendance is required. Students with more than 2 absences in a semester class may be required to make up work, and/ or make up the time missed, or possibly drop the course. Students with more than 3 absences in a full credit class may be required to make up work, and/or time missed, or possibly drop the course. Each tardy counts as a half-day absence. Exceptions can be made for some courses, but only with advance notice and approval from the summer school director. No exceptions can be made for the PE courses. There is no school on July 3.
2020 FEES ARE NOT YET DETERMINED! THE FEES FOR 2019 ARE LISTED BELOW.
- Original credit semester class $225;
- Original credit full credit class: $450
- Credit recovery: $200
- Current CART or AVES Academy students: $50
- Fees are waived for students who qualify for free and reduced lunch.
CHILD NUTRITION SERVICES
- Snacks and drinks at the current pricing.
- Limited transportation will be available from June 8 - July 2.
Information will be updated as decisions are made at the district level.