Great Oaks Career Campuses
High school students residing in participating school districts may attend Scarlet Oaks (or any Great Oaks campus) and earn certification in a career field as well as college credit while completing their high school requirements. Students attending Great Oaks receive a high school diploma from their home school and participate in their high school’s graduation ceremony.
Students at Scarlet Oaks use labs, equipment, and tools that are used in industry. For instance, Surgical Technology students learn to handle surgical instruments, Automotive Technology students use computerized diagnostic equipment, Web Applications students use the latest software, and so on.
Daily transportation is provided to and from the Scarlet Oaks campus. Students who wish to enroll at Laurel Oaks (Wilmington), Diamond Oaks (Dent), or Live Oaks (Milford) should see a counselor for more information. Students attending Great Oaks may participate in all home school extra-curricular activities if scheduling and transportation can be arranged. Attendance at Great Oaks is free for high school students.
Career programs at Scarlet Oaks include:
- Automotive Technology—Collision
- Automotive Technology—Mechanics
- Business Office Specialist (for seniors only)
- Commercial and Residential Electricity
- Construction Framing and Finishing Technologies
- Culinary Arts and Hospitality Services
- Dental Assisting, Digital Arts and Design
- Early Childhood Education
- Engineering Technologies and Robotics
- Exercise Science and Sports Medicine
- Firefighting/Emergency Medical Service
- Health Technology
- Industrial Diesel Mechanics
- Law Enforcement
- Secondary Practical Nursing
- Surgical Technology
- Veterinary Assisting
- Web Applications and Game Development
Other career programs are available at other Great Oaks campuses; for a complete list go to hs.greatoaks.com.