Student Led Conferences
Process: In the fall, students share about how they learn, how last year went and their goals for the current year, including a possible PBL. In the Winter, students will complete a reflection sheet and bring two printed copies. The student will have 10 minutes to share the information that is important about where they have been, where they are and where they are going. Parents and Teachers will have time to ask follow up questions of the student.Why: We think it is important in an environment where students have ownership of their learning process that they are the ones who share about their experiences, goals, successes and opportunities for growth. They are at the center of learning and should be at the center of the process. Parents (if possible) should be there to support their student and so the student can see the unified support network for them. The BIG PICTURE is that we want the students to be purposeful in how they choose classes, experiences, and execute their day to get them where they want to be after high school.
Student Led Conference
Thank you for coming today! The goal of this conference is to have the student share their goals and reflect on their learning process. We will also dig into their post high school plan and what courses/experiences will help them be prepared for life after high school.
A couple of helpful pieces of information:
- Spirit Wear can be purchased at Queen City Spirit at https://queencityspirit.com/
- January 20--Applications for new students due (Current Synnovation Lab students do not need to reapply)
- 2nd Semester Exams--M/T full day, W/H same as school
- Best way to track progress--both grade and pace
- Students/Parents should turn ON Schoology notifications for “Course Materials Overdue”
- Students will be more responsible for announcements/information that is posted on Schoology
- January 30/31--Prototype Jam Session
- February--Course Scheduling--current and new students sign up for the Lab
- April 22--Formal PBL Presentations
- May 9--STEAM Showcase
Email Greg Cole firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback and questions