Class of 2027 Team
The Sycamore High School Counselors are split by grade level. We follow a class of students from 9th grade through graduation. Your grade-level team is below - specific contact information can be found on the Counseling Team page.
Class of 2027: Mrs. Megan Brenner (A-K) & Mrs. Chelsea Rose (L-Z)
Family Presentation - Grade 9 - October 2023
Tips for High School Success
Starting high school can be an exciting yet challenging transition. Here are our top 5 tips for first-year high school students to help you make the most of your high school experience:
- Use a planner or digital calendar to keep track of assignments, tests, and extracurricular activities.
- Each teacher has a weekly guide that will help you keep up with class content each day - check this daily.
- Create a study schedule and stick to it to manage your time effectively.
- Keep your backpack and study space organized to reduce stress and save time.
Build Strong Study Habits
- Develop effective study techniques such as active reading, note-taking, and time management.
- Seek help from teachers or tutors if you're struggling with a particular subject.
- Avoid procrastination and start assignments well in advance to reduce last-minute stress.
- Join clubs, sports teams, or extracurricular activities that interest you.
- Building a well-rounded high school experience involves more than just academics.
- Participating in extracurriculars can help you make friends, discover your passions, and build valuable skills.
Foster Positive Relationships
- Make an effort to connect with teachers, counselors, and peers.
- Form study groups with classmates to collaborate on assignments and share knowledge.
- Seek out mentors who can provide guidance and support throughout your high school journey.
Take Care of Yourself
- Prioritize self-care by getting enough sleep, eating a balanced diet, and staying physically active.
- Manage stress through relaxation techniques like deep breathing, meditation, or hobbies you enjoy.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help or talk to someone you trust if you're feeling overwhelmed or stressed.
Remember that high school is not just about academics; it's also about personal growth and discovering your interests and passions. Embrace the opportunities that high school offers, stay focused on your goals, and enjoy the journey.