Board of Education meets October 21 at 7:00 p.m.
The Sycamore Board of Education will hold a regularly scheduled meeting October 21 with public session starting at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at E.H. Greene Intermediate School. Due to space limitations and to maintain physical distancing, the meeting will be available via live stream on the Sycamore Schools Facebook page and via Zoom.
We ask that families, residents and staff who are not actively participating in the Board meeting (ie. presenting or speaking) to join us on our Facebook page. Those who are scheduled to present will be invited into the Zoom meeting to ensure they are able to access the Zoom meeting.
To access the Zoom meeting directly:https://zoom.us/j/98612280240
Meeting ID: 986 1228 0240
Dial in: (646) 558 8656
Meeting ID: 986 1228 0240
To access the Board of Education meeting notices, agendas and minutes, click here. Please email questions/ comments about agenda items to Beth Weber, Treasurer, email@example.com.
Board of Education
Sycamore Community Schools is governed by a five-member Board of Education that provides governance to the district on policy and financial matters.
The Board’s duties include the following:
- Hiring and evaluating the district Superintendent and Treasurer
- Recommending financing/funding options (levies) to the community to provide for district needs outlined in a long-range plan
- Adopting an annual budget and appropriation measures
- Adopting policies for the governance of the district and its schools
- Considering and voting upon the recommendations of the Superintendent in all matters of policy, appointment or dismissal of employees, salary schedules or other personnel regulations, courses of study, selection of textbooks, or other issues pertaining to the operation of schools
- Informing the public concerning the progress and needs of the schools, and to solicit and weigh public opinion as it affects the schools.
The Board may only exercise its governing authority when convened together in a public meeting. Individual Board members have no authority to act alone. The President has been appointed by the Board as its official spokesperson. Board members may serve unlimited consecutive terms and are elected by the residents for four-year terms during years ending with odd numbers. Two Board members are elected in one election and three are elected in the next, creating staggered terms.
In January, the Board elects officers and sets meeting dates in January. Board officers serve a one year term and may be re-elected.
To contact the Board of Education, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 686-1700. For general information regarding the district, please call (513) 686-1700.