Watch: Board of Education Meetings
Upcoming Board of Education Meeting - December 7, 2022
The Board will hold its regular meeting December 7, 2022 with public session beginning at 7:30 a.m. The meeting will be held at Sycamore District Office, 5959 Hagewa Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45242. Members of the public are invited to attend the meeting in person or virtually via zoom.
Meeting ID: 983 1273 5356
(646) 558 8656
Meeting ID: 983 1273 5356
If you wish to address the Board of Education, please review our Public Participation Procedures. Questions and/or comments about agenda items and public participation requests may be emailed in advance of the meeting to Beth Weber, Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Education meeting notices, agendas and minutes are available on the Board of Education page of our website.
Board of Education
Sycamore Community Schools is governed by a five-member Board of Education that provides governance to the district on policy and financial matters.
The Board’s duties include the following:
- Hiring and evaluating the district Superintendent and Treasurer
- Recommending financing/funding options (levies) to the community to provide for district needs outlined in a long-range plan
- Adopting an annual budget and appropriation measures
- Adopting policies for the governance of the district and its schools
- Considering and voting upon the recommendations of the Superintendent in all matters of policy, appointment or dismissal of employees, salary schedules or other personnel regulations, courses of study, selection of textbooks, or other issues pertaining to the operation of schools
- Informing the public concerning the progress and needs of the schools, and to solicit and weigh public opinion as it affects the schools.
The Board may only exercise its governing authority when convened together in a public meeting. Individual Board members have no authority to act alone. The President has been appointed by the Board as its official spokesperson. Board members may serve unlimited consecutive terms and are elected by the residents for four-year terms during years ending with odd numbers. Two Board members are elected in one election and three are elected in the next, creating staggered terms.
In January, the Board elects officers and sets meeting dates in January. Board officers serve a one year term and may be re-elected.
To contact the Board of Education, email email@example.com or call (513) 686-1700. For general information regarding the district, please call (513) 686-1700.