Board of Education Meeting - June 16, 2021 @ 7:00 p.m.
The Sycamore Board of Education will hold its regular meeting on June 16, 2021 with public session beginning at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at Sycamore District Offices. Board members and administrators only can be physically present due to space limitations. Members of the public can access the meeting via Zoom. (See below). Please email questions/ comments about agenda items and public participation requests in advance of the meeting if possible to Beth Weber, Treasurer at email@example.com. If you have questions about providing public comment to the Board click here for public participation guidelines.
To access the meeting:
Meeting ID: 920 9191 9131
(646) 558 8656
Meeting ID: 920 9191 9131
To access the Board of Education meeting notices, agendas and minutes, click here.
Watch: Board of Education Meetings
Board of Education
Sycamore Community Schools is governed by a five-member Board of Education that provides governance to the district on policy and financial matters.
The Board’s duties include the following:
- Hiring and evaluating the district Superintendent and Treasurer
- Recommending financing/funding options (levies) to the community to provide for district needs outlined in a long-range plan
- Adopting an annual budget and appropriation measures
- Adopting policies for the governance of the district and its schools
- Considering and voting upon the recommendations of the Superintendent in all matters of policy, appointment or dismissal of employees, salary schedules or other personnel regulations, courses of study, selection of textbooks, or other issues pertaining to the operation of schools
- Informing the public concerning the progress and needs of the schools, and to solicit and weigh public opinion as it affects the schools.
The Board may only exercise its governing authority when convened together in a public meeting. Individual Board members have no authority to act alone. The President has been appointed by the Board as its official spokesperson. Board members may serve unlimited consecutive terms and are elected by the residents for four-year terms during years ending with odd numbers. Two Board members are elected in one election and three are elected in the next, creating staggered terms.
In January, the Board elects officers and sets meeting dates in January. Board officers serve a one year term and may be re-elected.
To contact the Board of Education, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 686-1700. For general information regarding the district, please call (513) 686-1700.