School counseling professionals at Sycamore High School provide a comprehensive program of counseling services for students in grades 9 through 12. At SHS, School Counselors:
- Focus on helping students, focusing on academic, personal/social, and career goals.
- Provide academic advising and intervention to ensure students are given equal opportunities to be successful.
- Assist with issues caused by typical life stressors such as grief, relationships, and developmental challenges.
- Connect families and students with community and school resources to meet their needs.
- Assist students with post-secondary goals including employment, military enlistment, trade/technical education, or college selection.
- Explore interests, abilities, and values to facilitate career development.
- Abide by the American School Counseling Association's Code of Ethics and rules of confidentiality.
- Are committed to helping people from all walks of life to survive and thrive in today's world.
We also offer Student Assistance Counseling, staffed by school counselors and school counseling interns. Student Assistance Counselors assist students with personal concerns, problem-solving, being a new student at Sycamore, healthy decision making, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and substance abuse prevention. Learn more about Student Assistance Counseling here.
New students need to first enroll in Sycamore Community Schools at the Central Registration Office. Learn more about the registration process here.
The next step is to call the SHS Registrar at 686-1770, ext. 3070 to make an appointment to construct a class schedule. The SHS Course Planner should be used to help plan course requests. New students are scheduled only by appointment.
Meet the Counselors
How to See a Counselor
Students are assigned a counselor based on last names - and continue to work with the same counselor throughout all of high school. View the alphabet assignments and contact information of each of our counselors here.
- Counselors are available to meet with students throughout the day. Students can see us before or after school, during a study hall, lunch, ACE bell, or during class with a pass from a teacher. Students can always leave a note or email their counselor to schedule a meeting too.
- Parents/guardians are welcome to call or email their student's counselor to speak with us or schedule a meeting.
We are here to support our students and their families; let us know how we can help! We look forward to working with you and your student(s) throughout the year.