Sycamore Board of Education has been working to secure a qualified candidate for the position of superintendent of schools. We have completed first-round interviews and are conducting second-round interviews with four candidates on March 30. It is our hope to hire the next superintendent before April 4 and introduce the new superintendent to the community via our Board meeting on April 7.
The finalists for the position are as follows:
- Kristine Michael – Assistant Superintendent Northridge Local Schools
- Chad Lewis – Assistant Superintendent Sycamore Community Schools
- Paul Otten – Superintendent Beavercreek City Schools
- Dan Creps – Superintendent Rossford Local Schools
A representative group of staff and community members have received a special invitation to “Meet the Finalist” on March 30. This group of people will give feedback to the Board of Education regarding the strengths of each candidate and their impression of his/her ability to lead Sycamore Schools.
We look forward to announcing the next superintendent in the coming weeks.
The Sycamore Community School Board of Education is seeking qualified candidates for the position of superintendent. The position is open due to the retirement of Mr. Frank Forsthoefel who has served as superintendent for 6 years.
The ideal candidate must be committed to the highest personal and professional standards and exhibit leadership in the district and community. The CEO must maintain integrity and high standards of ethics in all matters. Among other attributes sought, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following major characteristics:
- Can lead transformative change utilizing strategies, goals, district leadership, organizational change capacity, and resources;
- Embraces a diverse culture and demonstrates ethical values and moral leadership to balance community and learner needs; with clear communication and problem-solving that is in the best interest of students;
- Strive for excellence by inspiring District Leadership and team to consistently focus on improving the quality of education by integrating goals for curriculum, instruction, measurement, and technology.
- Inspire district leadership to achieve balanced, measurable goals that encompass financial, operational, and student-centered focus while developing a diverse talented team of people;
- Develop Board and Community key strategic relationships by sharing a compelling vision for the future; • Utilize consistent influence strategies and communication that is inclusive of all constituents, focused and centered on the best interest of students;
- Cultivate optimal teaching and learning culture by creating adaptive strategies to foster creativity and innovation in curriculum design, instructional management, data analysis, and technology application that open new frontiers for learning;
- Successful superintendent experience preferred.
Compensation and Terms of Employment
The Board intends to offer the successful candidate a contract, as per law. The base salary is expected in the range of $160,000 to $195,000 but is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please submit:
- A cover letter emphasizing qualifications and reasons for interest;
- An up-to-date resume;
- List three (3) references from associates or board members who can speak to candidate qualifications and work experience;
- A copy of current Ohio Superintendent Certificate/License;
- Copies of College Transcripts.
- Completed Sycamore Superintendent application form
Note: Applicants should not make personal contact with any Board of Education members.
All application material can be mailed or emailed to the following:
K-12 Business Consulting
“Sycamore Community School District Superintendent Search”
P.O. Box 476
New Albany, OH 43054
Direct questions concerning the position to:
Deb Campbell at 937-215-7068 or email@example.com
Tom Ash at 614-425-3974 or Tash@k12consulting.net