Class of 2023 Team
The Sycamore High School Counselors are split by grade level. We follow a class of students from 9th grade through graduation. Your grade-level team is below - specific contact information can be found on the Counseling Team page.
Class of 2023: Mrs. Megan Brenner (A-K) & Mrs. Chelsea Rose (L-Z)
Aves Academy: Mrs. Rose Mitchell (All Grades)
Great Oaks: Mrs. Megan Brenner (All Grades)
All items for the class of 2023 and the senior year will be included on this site: aves2023.bio.link
2020-21: Parent Presentation - September 2020
2020-21: Welcome Back Class of 2023
2019-20: Finding Success in High School
Here are a few key tips we feel are important to continuing student success in high school:
- Build Relationships. Build relationships with your teachers, administrators, and counselor in the building by communicating your needs, goals, and plans with them.
- Focus on grades. Develop strong study habits and practice them often.
- Advocate for yourself. Get help when you need it. Ask questions, meet with teachers before/after class, and stay after school for FOCUS/after school homework help. All of these are ways to bolster your understanding of class concepts and will help your academic success.
- Get Connected & Involved. Join a club, activity, or sport at SHS. Meet others that share similar interests. Learn more about yourself and grow as a person.
- Communicate with family. Talk often with your family about the various opportunities in high school, in the community, and after high school.
During the sophomore year, we put emphasis on strengthening and developing the individual program and the beginnings of career exploration. Students also have access to SchooLinks which focuses on helping students investigate colleges and career, evaluate choices after graduation, and plan for graduation.
Each year, we hold evening meetings with families in which we discuss how to guide students to success in that particular grade-level. The presentations and handouts from that event can be viewed below.